These rules and guidelines are in many ways merely a living standard by which to treat each other with respect throughout the FRONTBURNR community.
However, in the belief of common sense, the FRONTBURNR community requires civility. Debate, opinions and preferences are encouraged to be shared and disagreement will occur. These qualities are in fact encouraged. The means in which the conversation must in fact take place, must be with respect in combination with the use of reason.
Contextualized conversation is also important. Please ensure relevant topic participation: i.e. Do not post about how to spend your Last of Us supplements in a New Super Mario brothers forum.
In no uncertain terms:
- No hate speech of any kind will be tolerated, regardless of context
- No slanderous comments towards sexual preference, religious affiliation or sexism will be allowed
- No profane insults are permitted. This includes individuals and organizations
- No trolling is allowed
- No sexually explicit content
- No talk of how to exploit merchants or illegal piracy
- No personal attacks allowed of any kind
Please note that our moderators and community reserve the right to moderate comments even if they fall outside of these explicit rules.
The gaming landscape is full of passion and opinion. It is what makes this industry special. The FRONTBURNR community takes pride in raising the level of discourse within our organization. We encourage reasonable debate where two parties may qualitatively disagree without fostering hostility. The standard for judgement on intellectual property and organizations should carry with it the same respect offered to a fellow community member. Criticism is encouraged within the walls of decency.
Unlike many other community content organizations, this site is dedicated to providing a platform for your voice. However, all material submitted will be reviewed by the editorial team at FRONTBURNR and and any content that breaks the aforementioned rules will not be published. Also, when posting timely news information it is important to ensure it has not already been covered as our moderators will not publish duplicated content.
Currently, t,here is no prescribed ratio for public or owned content submission and personal blogs are welcomed. The staff at FRONTBURNR will ensure that the best stories are featured and curated where users will be able to find and appreciate the best sources for information and quality content.
- Content/Links for the front page must have been created within four days and not be already posted on the site
- Best used for news, previews/reviews and opinion pieces
- BURNIT links do not have timing standards but are encouraged to either be funny, informationally relevant or compelling
- Best used for memes, image/media content and creative expression
- Profile updates can pertain to anything