Welcome, everyone, to our dedicated gaming community! Thank you all for the wonderful support on our blog these past few months.
FRONTBURNR.net is a launching pad for a dedicated social gaming movement, community content generation and brand interaction. We have secured a fantastic relationship with Toys “R” Us and your favorite gaming publishers. We will be providing exclusive content and even more importantly, fantastic deals for our members! It is as simple as signing up. FRONTBURNR will be iterating this BETA over the coming months and your feedback will be critical for finding any unresolved issues as well as the features desired for our next steps. Expect continual and exciting updates throughout the coming months!
INTRODUCING FRONTBURNR 1.1:
Since our initial FRONTBURNR.net launch earlier this month we have been developing a large update to our community and social features. Our platform is much deeper than a regular content channel. We are thrilled to share the full host of capabilities that FRONTBURNR 1.1 has to offer and provide a general look into how the features work together.
- FRONTBURNR 1.1: Takes you to this page where you can report bugs/request features and follow up with development updates.
- Login: This is a static button that allows you to login to our community. Upon logging in, you will be directed to our Community page for the most relevant conversations of the day. To go back to the home page, simply click the “Home” button.
- Register: If you are interested in joining our community, it only takes a moment to register. You will be sent an activation link via email. If you encounter any issues with registering, please email [email protected] and we will be more than happy to assist you.
- RSS: If you would like to keep in touch with the main articles of the site quickly and easily, you can grab our feed here.
- Search: Self explanatory. You may search the main page for any type of content you are looking for.
Trending Slider: This slider is closed by default. Once clicked, it will allow you to see what the most recent and popular updates are to the site.
- The Wall: Clicking The Wall takes you to the site-wide activity feed. All updates that users permit to be shown publicly are captured in this space. You can submit photos, links or general updates to the community. The drop down menu that appears when you hover over The Wall shows the main types of content featured on FRONTBURNR. Previews of your favorite games, our staff’s picks of the best community content and probably one of our most favorite spots, the contests page, are featured in this listing.
- Hubs: Clicking Hubs will bring up the most popular features from our mini-site experiences. BURNRS and Toys “R” Us are dedicated landing pages with targeted content and information. Trade4Cash.com, the best online trade in site we have seen available, is listed here as well.
- Hottest Story: Fairly simple! Read this, it’s good.
- Now Playing: Clicking Now Playing takes you to our Twitch channel, which is directly embedded into the main site. Keep an eye out on our social channels or on the site to hear when we go live with new content. The drop down listing of “Now Playing,” features category filters by platform.
- Community: Clicking Community takes you to our community hub where you will find all of our most relevant conversations and community features. Definitely worth checking out! This is new to 1.1.
- The drop down listing of “Community” lists the conversational links to groups, event content and our member directory.
- BURNIT: Very similar to another site that begins with “R” and ends with “it,” this is a link-sharing function where you can post content for the community to see and either vote up or down. This is new to 1.1.
- Slider: You will see the biggest stories of the day in gaming in this featured space along with “The Wire” as a scrolling update from news around the web. This ticker lists the top gaming sites that we all know and love and allows for you to stay up to the minute with what is happening in the gaming industry.
This section provides a filter for the top ten pieces of content with a drop down for different types of activity ranks (most commented etc.). What is also important is that when logged in, your all-encompassing gaming profile becomes available.
Not logged in
Main Content Area:
The main content area allows for robust filtering to change the layout of the content.
Default layout (latest)
Grid View (most viewed example)
Featured next to the main content is an information-rich side bar that allows you to see who was recently active on the network, how many points you have accumulated by being active in the community and our top users.
Our favorite feature listed on the right rail of the page is the “Submit Stories!” form. You can pull in interesting articles you may have found around the web or even feature something from your own gaming blog directly into the main page.
Let your voice be heard!
Articles are moderated and duplicate stories will not be permitted. We also will refrain from posting anything that goes against our standard rules and guidelines. Everyone wants to see the most relevant stories possible, so please refrain from posting “dated” information. Registered users can submit articles simply by sharing a link!
Social Sliders: On the right side of the page you will see buttons that automatically slide out to show our latest updates on varying social networks. This is a great and easy way to keep up with us! Make sure to follow us wherever you can and help spread the word about this community.
Chat and Friend Messaging: Everywhere on FRONTBURNR is a menu bar at the bottom of the network that allows for community chat or direct messaging with your friends. You must be logged in and registered in order to participate.
The bedrock of any successful movement is the community that supports it. With FRONTBURNR 1.1 we are hoping that we have built the features, partnerships and culture necessary to foster a great gaming conversation.
Community Hub: Updated for 1.1
By clicking “Community” on FRONTBURNR.net or simply by going to FRONTBURNR.NET/COMMUNITY you will see our community hub that showcases new and active groups, popular members and priority updates for contests and deals. We definitely encourage everyone to check out what is going on!
User Profiles: Updated for 1.1
Okay, this is where things get interesting. If you remember from the Home Page, you can click to see Your FRONTBURNR at anytime in the Top Ten section. While participating in the Community hub, you will have a new User Profile bar at the top right of the page. Hover over it to see the full drop down options. You can click on a filter directly or drive down deeper to unlock further details.
How It Works:
- First, the little blue circle is where your notifications will appear if you have been mentioned, received a friend request or any other activity you have set to notify you within the network. Click for details and to clear notifications.
- Next to the circle is your points, this tallies your activity achievements on the network (details below) and provides your level.
- Finally, you have your user profile filters which we shall now provide further details for.
Yikes, that is a lot of options! Don’t worry, we’ll walk you through everything. We are going to click “Wall” and proceed in describing the user profile from this filter.
Posting Updates 101:
Simply by clicking in the blank box that says “What’s new,” will provide you the option to share content with your followers and the general community or mention people directly by typing their @username.
You can upload images, video, links or just general text updates about what is on your mind. You will see a filter for privacy as well for who you would like your updates available to. Hastags have also been enabled!
Social Sharing: You will see buttons to re-share content with your friends/followers, comment on activity and share through varying social networks (click “Share”.)
You can create updates from your User Profile, the main “The Wall,” as well as directly on other user Wall’s (depending upon their privacy settings.) To mention someone, simply put @ and the user name and it will automatically notify the community member and appear in their news feed. There is an auto suggest engine that will bring up a list of users if you use the @ symbol and a character if you are looking for your friends. Their actual names will appear to make it easy to find your connections.
- Your Stream: This filter is personalized to you and condenses the activity from people, groups or other content you follow. You can comment, “Like” or re-share any activity to your followers just how you have become accustomed to through other networks.
- Personal: Want to see only what you have posted to the channel? Click this button and that’s all you will see.
- News Feed: The content is identical to Your Stream but is the public version of the filter when someone is viewing your profile (depending upon your privacy settings.)
- My Likes: Each community update has the ability to be “Liked,” simply click this button to save it to your profile.
- Following: This filter is to only view updates from individuals you are following.
- Links: Shows you the links you have submitted to the “BURNIT” section of the community. You can also submit links directly from your profile. We’ll get there in a second.
This area of the profile is the hub for some pretty cool settings.
- Saved: You will see this symbol on articles and many other pieces of content throughout FRONTBURNR.
- When clicking this Bookmark icon it immediately saves the content to this area.
- My Comments: Articles you have commented on will show up in this feed so you can keep up with the records of your conversations.
- Subscriptions: Personalized RSS feeds from within FRONTBURNR or other favorite news sources, click “Configure” and add the feed URL for automatic updates.
- Remember: Simple notepad for writing down notes.
When clicking “Edit,” you can share a whole host of information about yourself to your friends, the public or just to yourself. From your Gaming IDs to your contact info, when you edit your profile, different options will make themselves available for you to adjust, including your avatar.
- My Sites: Want a dedicated gaming blog on our network to share with our users? We will soon be allowing and helping build these for qualified users. Feature coming soon.
- Messages: This is the direct messaging service for the site. You can message your friends and groups of people. In the settings you can adjust the privacy options.
- Friends: A full directory listing of your friends and requests.
- Following/Followers: First question, why have both Friends and Following/Followers? Friends allows for special considerations in chat, private messaging and other content control options. Sometimes you just want to see the activity of certain people without concerning yourself with anything else.
- Groups: All the groups you have joined will be listed here. Follow along with your favorite games and hobbies! Request a group via email [email protected] For any group you are a part of, there are varying options of update notifications to your registered email address, completely up to you!
- Points: This one is very fun! Everything you do on the site accumulates points: from daily visits, posting articles to just commenting. Why is this important? We will be providing exclusive offers and contests with Toys “R” Us for different levels of membership. Join and start getting busy! You can see the site-wide activity of the points issued to other users and a point legend that shows you what drives the rewards.
- Forums: This filter lists the topics you have started; forums you have subscribed to and general activity.
- Albums: Want to start a favorite screen shot collection or save your favorite fan art or memes? Create an album and publish however you please!
- Settings: You can adjust your notifications and privacy settings through this link as well as your current password.
- Links: Another new feature to 1.1 is “BURNIT.” A place where links can be shared and voted on by the community. Within this filter you can see links you have posted and participate in their conversation. You can also create new links directly from your profile!
- 1.0 Launches July 22nd, 2013 – Memberships opened to public
- Server and site optimization improvement July 29th, 2013 – Performance increased
- 1.1 Launched August 19th, 2013 – New community/social features launched
- In profile game updates
- Retail membership discounts
- Hashtags currently disabled, will return shortly.